As a Senior Model Risk Expert, you’ll be proactively engaging with other audits teams and establishing networks within the business and externally. You’ll be leading meaningful business change through the delivery process and championing continuous improvements of our methodology and quality standards.
You’ll also be:
- Supporting the design and execution of the Internal Audit methodology training programme.
- Sharing the quality and consistency of audit work across the global audit teams.
- Supporting and engaging with Internal Audit ExCo and global audit teams to make sure the required standards are understood and executed on a consistent basis.
- Supporting and maintaining effective relationships with professional bodies and industry peers to set top quartile benchmarks and standards for the function.
- Overseeing a portfolio of audit engagements, making sure they’re delivered to budget and on time.
The skills you'll need:
To succeed in this role, you’ll need knowledge and experience of model risk. You’ll be an experienced professional with strong risk and internal audit experience preferably within the financial services industry.
As well as this, you'll need strong technical or quantitative knowledge of credit risk modelling, management and control, including both regulatory and financial aspects.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Working knowledge of the regulatory and accounting requirements relating to credit risk and related modelling.
- Strong project management and audit delivery experience, from annual audit planning through to leading engagements and providing regular audit opinions.
- The ability to actively identify and help develop talent.
- The ability to effectively manage stakeholder relationships, and challenge and influence confidently and clearly.
- An excellent understanding of risks and controls.
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.
Job ID: #R-00122660
Location: London, United Kingdom
National Westminster Bank, commonly known as NatWest, is a large retail and commercial bank in the United Kingdom. NatWest provides Personal Banking, Private Banking, Business Banking and Commercial Banking.