As a Barclays Senior Hedge Fund Analyst, you will be a part of Private Bank (PB) Investments; able to provide versatility in services offered to suit the investment goals of our clients. The Private Bank offers dedicated investment advisors who ensure that clients are backed by the full power of Barclays. This is an exciting area for Barclays and a great time to join as Senior Hedge Fund Analyst where you will be able to make significant contributions to the selection, monitoring and distribution of hedge funds.
What will you be doing?
- Ensuring that hedge funds distributed by PB are selected and monitored appropriately, in-line with internal due diligence procedures and client needs.
- Using PB Investment strategies and current themes you will be jointly responsible for identifying new product ideas.
- You will be jointly responsible for the management of the hedge fund products for PB with the broader Hedge Fund team.
- Driving PB distribution as a product specialist by developing and maintaining marketing materials and providing expert support to distribution activities.
- Supporting products originated by PB through their life cycle, conducting after-sales reviews and providing commentary for use by distribution teams.
- You will work in partnership with the Head of Hedge Funds where strong collaboration is expected with all infrastructure areas and internal stakeholders.
- Contributing to the team’s project pipeline, ensuring prioritisation and clear identification of costs and benefits.
What we're looking for:
- Proven knowledge and experience of conducting investment due diligence on hedge funds, trading strategies, and distribution of hedge funds.
- Prior knowledge and experience in selection and continuous monitoring of hedge funds, as well as the recommendation to redeem hedge funds.
- Bachelors degree or above in a relevant field such as Business or Finance.
- Prior experience working within Financial Services.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Knowledge and experience of operational due diligence as well as understanding of the hedge fund net asset value and operational processes.
- Interest and experience in hedge fund portfolio construction is an advantage.
- Recognised Finance qualification (CFA, CAIA, MBA, Masters in Finance, or Chartered Accountant).
- Knowledge of Private Bank specifics relating to hedge fund allocations including Volcker, MIFID, FCA and SEC, as well as other European regulatory requirements.
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.