Operating within the Chief Customer Office (CCO), our Interactions Analytics and Performance team (IA&P) use group data to transform the experiences of our customers.
At the heart of our strategy is Customer Relationship Growth which seeks to truly transform our interactions eco system into a world class capability, and connect personalised decision making across the group including pricing, customer services, credit risk, fraud etc. In doing so LBG will be uniquely placed to support our customers in ways beyond the abilities of our competitors and places CCO at the centre of the groups' strategy.
Understanding our customers is critical to achieving our ambition and underpin our ability to understand how best we can support our customer’s needs. We harness LBG’s wealth of customer data to bring to life what our customers current and future needs are. Whether it’s saving, spending or borrowing, we want to help our personal and business customers navigate through their individual journey. We'll look for ways to tailor our products and services to recognise that different customers need different things from us. And we’ll focus on helping our customers, and being ready to provide support with expertise when they need it, putting things right when they go wrong. Our activities support over £100m per annum in commercial value for the Retail Bank!
This role sits within a community of insight, analytical and data engineers, who work to help Lloyds Banking Group consistently deliver its commercial and customer driven outcomes. We’re looking for a Senior Analyst to join our fast-paced Analytics team within IA&P to help us understand customers' needs, their away value, their overall lifetime value, etc. You’ll get opportunities to deliver genuine value and directly support our customers.
As a Senior Insight Analyst, you’ll:
- Be responsible for leading on the delivery of impactful, commercially focused insight and working closely and engaging with a range of partners.
- Perform accurate data mining and extraction from the relevant structured and unstructured sources to support the development of new insight solutions
- Manipulate, interpret and challenge data using a variety of data modelling tools (Teradata / SQL, Tableau, R, Python) and apply statistical techniques to understand key drivers, risks and opportunities
- Translate analysis into insight using appropriate medium to convey the story in a manner collaborators understand and can use
- Ensure the timely delivery of insight solutions and be responsible for the resolution of design issues and risk
- Suggest the continuous development and shaping of data layers to meet evolving business requirements, supporting the delivery where appropriate
- Promote the prominent use of data and analytics in CCO
You'll have strong storytelling capabilities, using insight to answer key business questions, provide recommendations, and influence Group strategy. We welcome a variety of analytical backgrounds which will complement the capability we already have within the team!
We're looking for a professional with the right personal qualities to help us continually develop as a team. The ability to translate sophisticated requests into accessible and straightforward recommendations is crucial, alongside having an openness to change, a growth mindset and a desire for continuing personal development. The world of data and insight is constantly evolving, as are the needs and behaviours of our customers, so our role is also to continually evolve our skills.
Specifically, you’ll need to have:
- A strong grounding in the principles of advanced analytics and their application to real-world business problems.
- Advanced SQL skills (ideally Teradata) and experience of working with large datasets in a similar analytical or data modelling role
- Excellent commercial awareness, and the communication and relationship skills to work effectively with a variety of technical and non-technical partners.
- A good understanding of how data & insight is used in commercial decision making
- A commercial and strategic approach with ability to provide analytical solutions to business objectives and problems
Ideally, it would also be advantageous if you have:
- Knowledge and experience in manipulation of data and information to build practical insight that is conveyed in a compelling story (verbally, visually and written)
- Experience of working with others (both analytical and business) to deliver a common goal
- Experience using data science tools such as R or Python
In addition to the competitive base salary you'll also receive:
- A 4% flex cash pot to spend on benefits (or take as cash)
- Discretionary annual group performance share bonus
- Generous employer pension contribution up to 15%
- Private medical health cover
- Access to share schemes and staff discounts
- 30 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays
Whilst the majority of the team are based in Bristol and this is our preference, we would welcome applications from Halifax where the wider team is also located. Our hybrid working model continues to evolve across our Chief Customer Office (CCO), from 1st May all CCO colleagues will be asked to work a minimum of 1 day per week in an office. This will be monitored and reviewed at mid-year with an expectation that this will then increase to all CCO colleagues working 2 days per week in an office. There will be some allowable exceptions so do speak to the hiring manager if you think you will require this.
We’re a function passionate about encouraging an environment of professional development and will give you opportunities to stretch. We also recognise colleagues for their contribution and performance as part of our colleague charter.
As a Group we celebrate the diversity of our people – we’re building a truly inclusive work environment where all of our colleagues have the chance to create a real difference.
And if you need any reasonable adjustment to participate in the application or interview process just let us know.
So if you have the skills and background we'd love you to come and work with us to transform the group’s next chapter into reality.
Location: Bristol Halifax